Christmas Markets in North Wales 2019Posted on 4 Dec 2019
There is nothing more festive than a fairy tale Christmas Market experience, so get your winter warmers on and head down to the dozens of markets and events taking place in North Wales. You’ll be pleased to know the Christmas Special at Gypsy Wood Park in Caernarfon is only a short drive away from the Black Boy Inn. This is the perfect opportunity to tick things off your gift list and still have time for a mulled wine or two.
Amongst the hustle and bustle, you’ll find yourself tempted by unique gifts, delicious local produce, quirky winter clothing and plenty of festive food and drink to satisfy your Christmas cravings. You may even see Father Christmas in his magical grotto!
North Wales is probably the last place you’ll think of when it comes to traditional open-air Christmas markets as these lively street celebrations originated in medieval Germany; the Christmas market in Dresden was first held in 1434! In many towns across Austria and Germany, the beginning of the advent period is celebrated with the opening of the local Christmas Market that then stays open in the town until Christmas. While the famous Christmas markets of Frankfurt, Nuremberg, Augsburg, Erfurt and Stuttgart are truly an enormous, festive spectacle, you don’t have to travel that far to take part in the festive cheer as Christmas markets are becoming increasingly popular in North Wales as shoppers look for alternatives to big high street shopping for their Christmas food and gifts.
If you’re visiting us over the festive period, there is a whole host of Christmas markets and events to get you in the Christmas spirit! Here is our hand-picked list of North Wales Christmas markets and events of 2019.
- 9th November – Christmas Crafts Fair at Oriel Ynys Mon, Llangefni, Anglesey
- 16th November – Chester Christmas Market
- 29/30th November – Abersoch Christmas Festival Weekend
- 30th November – Christmas Lights Switch On, Ruthin, Clwyd
- 1st December – Winter Fair, National Slate Museum, Llanberis, Gwynedd
- 5th December – Wrexham Victorian Christmas Market
- 6/7/8th December – Portmeirion Christmas Food and Craft Fair, Gwynedd
- 7th December – Magical Christmas Parade, Llandudno, Conwy
- 7th December – Christmas at Prince’s Pier, Menai Bridge
- 7th December – Christmas Trains at Llanberis Lake Railway, Llanberis, Gwynedd
- 7/8th December – Christmas Market at Adventure Parc Snowdonia, Conwy
- 14th December – Conwy Medieval Christmas
- 14th – 22nd December – Christmas Special at Gypsy Wood Park, Bontnewydd, Caernarfon
- 14th – 22nd December – Christmas at Bodnant Garden, Tal-y-Cafn, Conwy