At the Black Boy Inn, we have made a conscious commitment towards sustainable hospitality. We are working towards providing for the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
To date the Black Boy Inn has taken the following environmentally sensitive steps to…
• We have key cards for all of our bedrooms which operate the electricity.
• We use low energy light bulbs throughout the inn.
• The public upstairs hallways have sensor operated lights.
• We have small cisterns with dual flushes on toilets.
• We have a ‘towel and linen change’ policy whereby guests are asked to request new towels or fresh linen as they need it.
• This one policy has significantly cut down the amount of water and energy being used, and also minimises our detergent use.
help the environment
• In our restaurant, we strive to make best use of local seasonal produce.
• The majority of our kitchen deliveries now arrive in reusable crates.
• We are constantly reducing the amount of waste we send to landfill.
• We try to recycle what we can.
help our community
• We have a ‘buy local’ policy which governs the process by which we purchase items for the inn ensuring that we are
promoting local businesses and putting money back into our local economy.
• We aim to buy a minimum of 70% of all food from local suppliers.