Your privacy is very important to us; under the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), we have certain legal obligations related to the information we collect and process. Further details on GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (https://ico.org.uk/). For the purposes of GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
- When do we collect personal information about you?Our web site does not capture or store any personal information about individuals who access it except where you voluntarily choose to give us your details, for example:
- When you complete an online enquiry form on our web site
- When you contact us by email using an email link on our web site
- When you book accommodation using our web site.
This information is not stored on our web site.
Offline enquiries & customers
In addition, we will collect personal information from you if you contact us to enquire about our services by telephone, SMS or letter; and if you order goods or services from us as part of an (offline) ordering process.
- What personal information do we collect from you?If you contact us via our web site we will collect your name and contact details including address, email address and contact telephone number(s) plus any additional information according to the specific enquiry form you have completed and clearly indicated on the enquiry form.
Offline enquiries & customers
If you become a customer then we will be required to collect additional information from you, to include name, full contact details (address(es), telephone number(s), email address) and payment information.
- What we do with your personal information?Your personal information volunteered when making an online enquiry will be used solely for the purposes of replying to your enquiry.
Offline enquiries & customers
If you are a customer we will use your personal information to assist in the supply of the requested goods or services, for billing and accounting purposes, to administer our services and for internal operations, and to notify you about changes to our services or terms.
In addition you agree that we may share your personal information as follows:
- With our suppliers and sub-contractors (including payment processors) where required to do so for the execution of any contract we enter into with them in order to provide the requested goods or services.
- In the event of a transfer of business (sale or acquisition) in which case personal information would be required to be disclosed to ensure continuity of service.
- Use of personal information for marketingWe will never sell your personal information.
We will not email you with marketing emails in the future unless you have explicitly given your consent to receive marketing emails.
Personal information will never be disclosed to third parties for any marketing purpose unless this is clearly indicated on the web page and / or relevant enquiry form at the point of collecting information from you, and you have given your explicit consent.
Where we run marketing activities using a combination of email, post, telephone and SMS you will be given the opportunity to indicate which (if any) you are consenting to receive.
If you have given consent for marketing communications you may revoke this at any time; either by contacting us to request removal or in the case of email communications by unsubscribing using the provided link.
- Transfer of personal information outside of the EUAs part of our marketing and customer service operations we may transfer certain information outside of the EU. As per EU law we will only transfer personal information to companies offering the same level of privacy and data protection as required by EU law. Specifically we use:
- Your rightsWe are obliged, and are committed to, ensuring that we only store essential information and that any information stored is accurate and up to date. Furthermore, you have certain rights pertaining to your personal information:
- You have the right to request us to not process your personal information for marketing purposes, and to revoke that permission (where granted) at any time.
- You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold for you.
- You have the right to request any errors be corrected.
- You have the right to be request we erase any personal information we hold for you.
- You have the right to copy or transfer any personal information we hold about you to another provider.
There is no charge for this service.
Please note, certain restrictions apply, for example we are obliged to retain sufficient records for accounting purposes for a period of seven years.
Please address any requests relating to personal information to our Data Controller:
Vick Rose Jenkin-Davies
Black Boy Inn Caernarfon Ltd
- Data retentionWe will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.
We are required by HMRC to retain sufficient information for accounting purposes for a period of seven years.
Session cookies – remain on your computer, tablet or phone during a single browsing session, for example to remember items in a shopping basket. They do not remain on your computer, tablet or phone once you have closed your browsing session.
Persistent cookies – remain on your computer, tablet or phone between browsing sessions, for example to authenticate you, or remember your preferences between visits.
First-party & third-party cookies – first-party cookies are set by the web site being visited, third-party cookies are issued by a different web site to that being visited.
The cookies used on our web site comply with the EU Privacy Directive, adopted by the UK in its updated Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations on 16 May 2016.
Our web site uses the following two types of cookie:
Session ID cookie – this cookie allows the web server hosting our web site to respond to your actions on the web site for example, delivering pages as you browse. This cookie is automatically removed from your computer, tablet or phone when you close your browsing session.
Google Analytics cookies – these cookies are set by Google Analytics for anonymous web site visitor statistics. Information captured by Google Analytics includes date and time of visit, pages looked at, length of time on those pages, IP address, computer and browser type and how you arrived at our web site (e.g. through a search engine or via another web site). This information is not used to identify any individual; it is only collected to provide us with an understanding of how people find and use our web site, and to help us improve our web site and our services.
By using our web site you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your computer or device.
Ver 1 05.18